In 1904 Steelville suffered under the great fire of Main Street. The fire ended up destroying almost all of the business district, leaving nothing but ash. Steelville had to rebuild, and Main Street 105 became a drugstore. Originally founded by Dr. Wingo, Steelville Drugstore was taken over by Clarence Gibbs. Gibbs partnered with Dr. Barnard, and together they created a drug store with a soda fountain in the store. Steelville Drug stayed in this building until 1988. The Fountain today retains the original tin ceiling, wood and tile floors, mirror, soda fountain and stools, and glass display cases.